“Together, common, for one another” …
… is found in the dictionary under the Greek word “mazi”. Consequently, it stands for the concept. The association MAZI e.V. was founded in late 2018:
- to promote exchanges with Greek people
- to inform about social and cultural concerns of the country
- to initiate workshops and educational activities
- to organize joint events in Greece and in our region in Germany
- to provide monetary and material donations against the background of the Greek crisis
- to support charitable and future-oriented initiatives
- to generate contacts and cooperation locally
- to help foster the spirit of Europeanism in the areas and form partnerships from the grassroots level up.
With all this in mind, MAZI focusses on an extensive region in southern Crete, to whose inhabitants they have had close ties for many years.
A future guest house in the old village of Miamou was the goal of a MAZI action week that took place at end May/begin June 2019. The resonance was amazing and 13 engaged people flew from Germany to Crete for ten days to get down to work. The action week concluded with a fantastic and lively festivity at the village square at the east side of Lentas. Approximately 200 people took part (including many interested holiday makers) to enjoy food, drinks, and diverse live music.